Table of Contents
- Your Consent
- Personal Information
- How CLEAResult Collects Personal Information
- How CLEAResult Uses Personal Information
- How CLEAResult Discloses Personal Information
- Your Right to Withdraw Consent
- Location of Personal Information
- Retention of Personal Information
- Protection of Personal Information
- Accuracy and Access to Personal Information
- Non-Personal Information
- Other Websites and Businesses
- Social Media
- Children and Personal Information
- Other Matters
- Contacting CLEAResult
In some cases, at the time of collection of your personal information, we may provide you with additional information regarding the processing of your personal information. We may also obtain your specific consent in certain circumstances to use or share your personal information, including where required by law.
2. Your Consent
3. Personal Information
4. How CLEAResult Collects Personal Information
(a) Information You Provide
You may be asked to voluntarily give your personal information to CLEAResult when you interact with CLEAResult, including when you subscribe to receive marketing offers from us, request information or use a product or service provided by CLEAResult. In those circumstances, you can choose not to provide certain requested personal information, but then you might not be able to proceed with your intended interaction or transaction with CLEAResult or otherwise receive the full benefit of the desired service.
For example, CLEAResult may collect:
- contact information (such as name, email address, postal address and phone number) and any other option information you provide when you make an inquiry or contact us;
- contact information when you use a product or service from us;
- contact information, employment information (such as education and employment history) and government-issued identification (such as social security number, passport number, and driver’s license information) when you apply for an employment opportunity with CLEAResult; and
- contact information, communications preferences and correspondence you send to us.
In those circumstances, you can choose not to provide certain requested personal information, but then you may not be able to purchase products or services or access or use certain features of the CLEAResult website, or otherwise receive the full benefit of CLEAResult’s products and services.
If you give CLEAResult the personal information of another individual, then you are solely responsible for complying with all applicable laws, including obtaining the individual’s valid consent, regarding your collection and disclosure of the personal information to CLEAResult and to CLEAResult’s use, disclosure and retention of the personal information.
(b) Automated Collection
CLEAResult may use technologies to automatically collect certain information regarding your use of the CLEAResult website or online services, such as the dates and times that you access a CLEAResult website or an online service, general geographic location, the browsers, operating systems, software, devices and networks that you use to access the website or online service and details of your use of the website or online service.
CLEAResult’s website, online services, email messages, and advertisements may also use technologies (e.g. cookies, web beacons, tokens, pixels or tags) to automatically collect information that assists CLEAResult to improve its products, services, customer communications and advertising and to prevent fraud.
(c) Information from Other Sources
CLEAResult may collect personal information from various third party sources (including providers that perform background checks on job applicants) and from publicly available sources (including criminal and educational history).
5. How CLEAResult Uses Personal Information
- to contact and correspond with you regarding your transactions and your use of CLEAResult’s website, products and services and to provide you with customer care services;
- to facilitate your interactions and transactions with CLEAResult;
- to provide products and services to you;
- to process and respond to your inquiries, requests and other communications (including to process your job application);
- to provide you with information (including by email and other electronic messages) regarding CLEAResult and its products and services and the products and services offered by other businesses,
- to the extent permitted by applicable law;
- to maintain, protect and improve CLEAResult’s website, products and services and to develop new websites, products and services;
- to develop, deliver and improve CLEAResult’s advertising and marketing;
- to determine whether you are eligible to participate in certain programs and to track and report your participation accordingly; and
- to protect and enforce CLEAResult’s legal rights, interests and remedies and to protect the business, operations and customers of CLEAResult or other persons.
CLEAResult may combine your personal information collected by CLEAResult through various sources.
(b) Information Collected by Technological Means
Information provided by cookies may be collected and processed by CLEAResult or by its third party service providers, including Google.
(c) Interest-Based Advertising
(d) Do Not Track
CLEAResult does not respond to do not track signals.
6. How CLEAResult Discloses Personal Information
(b) Specific Consents
CLEAResult may disclose your personal information in accordance with express or implied consents that you give during your interactions and transactions with CLEAResult.
(d) Business Partners and Other Third Parties
In some circumstances, CLEAResult may share your personal information with its business partners, such as business partners who provide certain programs that may be of interest to you, and other third parties. CLEAResult will only disclose your personal information to a third party if CLEAResult has your consent to do so, if you have provided your consent to the third party, or if CLEAResult is legally required or permitted to do so.
(e) Law Enforcement/Legal Disclosures
(f) Business Transactions
CLEAResult has no control over, or responsibility or liability for, the use, disclosure or retention of your personal information by the persons and organizations to whom CLEAResult discloses your personal information as set out above.
7. Your Right to Withdraw Consent
If you withdraw your consent to the collection, use, disclosure and retention of your personal information for purposes that are integral to the provision of CLEAResult’s website, products and services, then you might not be able to proceed with your intended interactions or transactions with CLEAResult or otherwise receive the full benefit of CLEAResult’s website, products and services.
If you withdraw your consent to the collection, use, disclosure and retention of your personal information for additional purposes that are not integral to the provision of CLEAResult’s products and services (e.g., to send advertising and marketing messages to you, and to administer and facilitate your participation in promotions) then withdrawing your consent for those purposes will not affect the provision of CLEAResult’s website, products and services to you.
8. Location of Personal Information
CLEAResult and its service providers may process, store and use your personal information at facilities in Canada, and the United States and other countries. The personal information protection laws of those other countries might be different from the laws of the jurisdiction in which you reside, and might permit courts, government, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies and security authorities to access your personal information without notice. By providing your personal information to CLEAResult, you consent to the transfer of the personal information to facilities located in other countries and the processing and storage of the personal information at those facilities.
9. Retention of Personal Information
10. Protection of Personal Information
- Internal policies and procedures that define the roles and responsibilities of our employees throughout the information life cycle and limits their access to such information on a “need-to-know” basis;
- If information is collected or stored in electronic format, technical safeguards such as encryption, firewalls, passwords, antivirus software and similar measures;
- A designated Privacy Officer to monitor CLEAResult’s compliance with applicable privacy laws;
- Employee privacy and data security training;
- Procedures for receiving, investigating and responding to complaints or inquiries regarding CLEAResult’s information handling practices; and
- Framework governing the retention and destruction of personal information.
[NTD: Under the amended Quebec’s Private Sector Act, CLEAResult will be required to make available on its website “detailed information” about its data governance policies and practices. This amendment comes into force on September 22nd, 2023. While there is some uncertainty regarding the level of detail that must be provided, the section above illustrates the types of information that could be required in order to comply with this new requirement.]
11. Accuracy and Access to Personal Information
CLEAResult will rely on you to ensure that the personal information you provide to CLEAResult is as accurate, complete and up to date as necessary for the purposes for which CLEAResult uses the personal information. You will promptly notify CLEAResult of any changes to the personal information you provide to CLEAResult using the procedures made available for that purpose by CLEAResult or by contacting CLEAResult’s Privacy Officer using the contact information noted below.
You may reasonably request access to your personal information collected by CLEAResult and information about CLEAResult’s use, disclosure and retention of the personal information by submitting a written request to CLEAResult’s Privacy Officer using the contact information noted below. Subject to applicable exceptions and limitations prescribed by applicable law, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information and you will be entitled to verify the accuracy and completeness of your personal information and have the information corrected as appropriate. You may be required to pay a reasonable fee for access to your personal information. CLEAResult may decline to process an access request that is unreasonably repetitive, frivolous, vexatious or impracticable, or if CLEAResult reasonably believes that the requested access would infringe or jeopardize the privacy of other persons, or violate any applicable law or legal requirement, or for other reasons permitted by applicable law.
Depending on the jurisdiction where you reside, you may also be entitled to request the rectification of your personal information if our collection, disclosure or retention of such information is not authorized by law.
12. Non-Personal Information
13. Other Websites and Businesses
14. Social Media
15. Children and Personal Information
16. Other Matters
17. Contacting CLEAResult